Last Updated: November 30, 2019
Thanks again for using Wandure.
Undefined terms in this document (for example, “Activity” or “Wandure Platform”), refer to the appropriate definition provided in our Terms of Service.
All mentions of “Wandure,” “us,” “we,” or “our,” refer to Wandure Inc., 2850 Cedarwood Dr., Apt. 1510, Ottawa, ON, Canada, K1V 8Y4.
Table of Contents:
1. Information Collected By Us
2. How We Use Information Collected
3. Sharing & Disclosure
4. Other Important Legal Information
5. Third Party Partners & Integrations
6. Your Choices
7. Operating Globally
10. Contact Information
In order for you to access all of the services that Wandure has to offer, we need to gather some of your personal information. The information we collect falls into three general categories.
1.1 Category 1: Information You Provide.
When you use the Wandure Platform, you choose to give us certain information. Some of this information is provided as a condition of use, while some is provided of your own volition. You understand that you may provide and/or be asked to provide such information at any time during your use of the Wandure platform.
- Your full name, email address, date of birth, and gender are required when you register a Wandure Account. Other information, including without limitation your interests and your goals in using the Wandure Platform, may also be required.
- To use some of Wandure’s features, you may need to provide further details such as: your city or other location, phone number, and personal description. Certain elements of your profile (such as your profile picture(s), first name, and personal description) will be publicly visible to others. Additionally, some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
- To maintain a secure and transparent environment, we may ask you to verify your identity via real-time photographs and/or via a photograph of your government-issued ID, national ID card, passport, or driver’s license and/or other necessary authentication information.
- In order to have an Activity booked on your behalf, you must provide some financial information. This involves bank account and/or credit card information that is necessary to process payments and to comply with applicable laws. Other related authentication information such as your billing address and phone number may be required to process payments via Stripe. Additionally, in certain regions (specifically, but not exclusively, in Europe), we may require your IBAN (International Bank Account Number) details.
- We may gather information when you use the Wandure Platform to communicate with us or with any Wandure User.
- When choosing to fill out forms, take part in promotions or surveys, run a search, update your information on your Wandure account, or use any other services over, through, or within the Wandure Platform, you are choosing to provide us with information.
- When you are a member of a couple, partnership, or group, or for referral purposes, or for fraud detection/prevention purposes, you may choose to share information about other User(s) with us.
1.2 Category 2: Automatic Collection of Information When You Use Our Services.
When you use the Wandure Platform, some information is collected automatically. We collect information related to any interactions you may have with the Wandure Platform, including related to any searches performed by you, the content you view, how long you view this content, any Match you may have confirmed, and any other information regarding your use of the Platform.
- We may collect information regarding your general location via your IP address and/or more specific location information using your device’s GPS services. This allows for improved services and further increases the security of our users. Your device’s location services can easily be modified through your device’s settings menu.
- We collect log information from the Wandure Platform. This information may include, without limitation: specifics about how you’ve used the Wandure Platform (including by accessing links to third party applications or tools), the time you accessed the Platform and duration of your session, your IP address, hardware and software specifications and configuration information related to the device(s) you used to access the Wandure Platform, and event information from those device(s) (e.g., crash reports).
- When performing transactions through the Wandure Platform, we collect information such as the time and date of the transaction, the amount being processed, the expiration date of payment method and the postal code of the billing address, and other payment-related details.
1.3 Category 3: Information Collected from Others.
In addition to the information you choose to provide us with, we also collect information from other third party sources and/or services. We are not responsible for the way in which these third parties disclose your information. We recommend that you carefully review the privacy policies and terms of service of any third party with which you interact.
- You may link/connect your Wandure Account to a third party service (e.g., Facebook, Google, and/or Instagram), or register or log into your Wandure Account using such a third party service. These third party services may share your registration and profile information with us. The type and amount of information provided to us by such services varies and is completely controlled by those parties and as authorised by you, in your privacy settings for that service.
- If you use the Wandure Platform in Canada, Wandure may use your information, including without limitation your full name and date of birth, to obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or sex offender registration, to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
- Wandure may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from other third party service providers and/or partners, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
All information shared is stored in hosted cloud storage, currently provided by Google Cloud Services, the terms and policies of which may be found at https://cloud.google.com/terms/. Wandure reserves the right to change storage providers or methods at any time, for any reason, without advance notice to any User. Additionally, the terms and policies of the hosting provider may be subject to change at any time and without notice. Your use of the Wandure Platform constitutes acceptance of these terms.
As described above, the stored information may include without limitation: (i) your full name, email address, and phone number; (ii) information relating to any Activity in which you participate, for which you have a confirmed booking, in which you have previously participated, or that you have previously cancelled; and (iii) booking information for any such Activity, including but not limited to booking dates, payment details, and payment amounts. Additionally, when you send a message to another User via the Wandure Platform, any message content will be stored.
We use, store, and process information about you, allowing us to provide a trusted, safe, and quality-driven service. Additionally, we use this information to aid in the ongoing development of the Wandure Platform.
2.1 Provide, Enhance, and/or Develop the Wandure Platform.
We retain, use, store, and process your data for the following purposes related to the provision, enhancement, and/or development of the Wandure Platform:
- to enable you to access and use the Wandure Platform;
- to enable you to communicate with Users on, over, through, or within the Wandure Platform;
- to protect, operate, and/or improve the Wandure Platform, including, without limitation, to recommend Users as potential Matches for you and to find and book Activities for you;
- to conduct research and analytics relating to the protection, operation, and/or improvement of the Wandure Platform;
- to personalize your experience by, among other things, providing personalized Match and/or Date recommendations and/or by showing certain ads;
- to enable you to access and use any payment services;
- to provide more effective customer service; and
- to send you support messages, updates, security alerts, and/or Wandure Account notifications, among other communications.
2.2 Develop and Maintain a Safe Environment.
The retention, use, storage, and/or processing of your information may be required for the following purposes:
- to detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity, and/or to attempt to do so;
- to conduct investigations and risk assessments;
- to verify and authenticate information or identification that is provided to us;
- to perform analyses of databases and other sources of information.
- to comply with our legal obligations.
- to resolve issues related to use of the Wandure Platform, and/or to attempt to do so;
- to enforce our agreements with third party entities.
- to enforce our Terms of Service and/or other policies.
2.3 Communicate with You and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
The retention, use, storage, and/or processing of your information may be required for the following purposes:
- to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and/or other information. You may adjust the frequency of such sending by adjusting your communication preferences (including preferences related to Wandure or to partner campaigns and/or services);
- to personalize, measure, and improve advertising;
- to administer sweepstakes, referral programs, rewards, surveys, contests and/or other offers sponsored or managed by Wandure, or by its third party affiliates.
3.1 With Your Consent.
We may share your information at your instruction or preference and/or as described at the time of such sharing. For instance, we may share your information in situations including but not limited to: when you authorize a third party application to connect, link, or otherwise communicate with your Wandure Account; when you authorize a website to access your Wandure Account; and/or when you take part in promotional deals. Additionally, to enable us to book Activities on your behalf, we may share your billing and payment information with Stripe.
3.2 Sharing between Users and Date Venues
To help facilitate bookings, we may share your information with Users and Date Venues as follows:
- When you are presented to another User as a potential Match, that User will see your public profile page and any information you have entered for that page (potentially including Images and interest information). If you and the other User both confirm that you wish to accompany each other on an Activity, you and that other User will have access to a messaging system integrated with the Wandure Platform. Communication with that other User over the messaging system will be available starting from a predetermined time before the commencement of that Activity. Any information you choose to share on, over, through, or within the integrated messaging system is entirely at your discretion and out of our control.
- When Wandure makes a booking request for an Activity on your behalf, certain information about you is shared with the Date Venue providing that Activity. This information may include, without limitation, your first name, your cancellation history, and other information you agree to share. When the Date Venue accepts the booking request, we may disclose additional information about you to the Date Venue.
- Any information that is shared between two Users during an Activity, or between either or both of those Users and anyone connected with a Date Venue, is shared entirely at the discretion of those persons, and is out of our control.
We don’t share your billing and payment information with other Users, with Date Venues, or with anyone else, except as expressly provided herein.
3.3 Information Visible to the General Public.
The Wandure Platform lets you publish information that is visible to the general public.
- Some parts of your public profile page are visible to others. This may include, without limitation, your first name, your personal description, and your city.
- If or when you submit content in a public forum or social media post, that content is publicly visible.
Information that is being shared publicly on the Wandure Platform can be indexed via third parties. In certain scenarios, you may be able to opt-out of such indexing using your Wandure Account settings. If or when you change your settings and/or your publicly viewable content, these third parties may not update their databases. Thus, the third parties may continue to use old, outdated, and/or now-hidden content, and/or may use caches containing such content. Such use is not within Wandure’s jurisdiction. We do not have any control over practices of third party search engines.
3.4 Service Providers.
3.5 Wandure Payments.
In particular, to be able to provide payment services, and to offer you other services/products via third parties (any of whom would have an agreement with us as described in Section 3.4), Wandure may share your personal and/or payment information.
3.6 Compliance with the Law.
If it is necessary and/or required by law, Wandure may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement, and/or governmental entities, and/or to any authorized third parties. Possible reasons for such disclosure may include, without limitation:
- to adhere to legal requirements and/or to respond to any claims made against Wandure;
- to respond to verifiable requests surrounding criminal investigations and/or alleged/illegal activity that may expose us, our Users, Date Venues, and/or our business partners to legal liability;
- to make sure our agreements (including without limitation our Terms of Service) are being enforced;
- to prevent fraud and/or to aid in investigations surrounding fraud, assessment of risk, and/or customer support; and
- to defend the rights and personal safety of Wandure, any of Wandure’s employees or Users, anyone connected in any way with any Date Venue, or any other member of the public.
When such disclosure is to be made, we will notify any affected User(s) of such disclosure, unless:
- we are legally not allowed to do so by the process itself; and/or
- at our sole discretion, we conclude that giving such notice would negatively affect any individual(s) (including, though not limited to, by increasing a chance of injury and/or bodily harm), or that giving such notice may increase a risk of fraud related to Wandure’s property, its Users, any Date Venue(s), and/or the Wandure Platform.
In scenarios where we are not granted the right to notify the affected User(s) in advance of such disclosure, we will try to notify the affected User(s) about such disclosure after the fact, provided that we are no longer legally prohibited from so doing and that we conclude it is safe to do so.
3.7 Corporate Affiliates.
We may display parts of the Wandure Platform on sites being operated by our partners, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. In such situations, some information from public profile pages may also be displayed.
3.9 Tax Authorities.
As stated in our Terms of Service, any Date Venue is solely responsible for determining their own obligation to report, collect, remit, or include in their Activity Cost any applicable taxes, including, without limitation, direct and indirect sales taxes, occupancy taxes, tourist and/or other visitor taxes, and income taxes.
3.10 Business Transfers.
If at any point in time, Wandure is involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of assets, or bankruptcy event, we may be forced to sell, share, or transfer some or all of our assets. Your information is included in our assets, and thus, in some situations, we may be required to sell, share, or transfer some or all of your information. We will notify you of any such situations in advance, via the Wandure Platform and/or an email address associated with your Wandure Account.
3.11 Aggregated Data.
For business purposes including but not limited to demographic profiling, industry analysis, marketing, and advertising, Wandure may combine information about Users. Specific individuals will not be identifiable in such combined information, rather a group of users that share similar characteristics.
4.1 Communications Analysis.
In order to maintain a high-quality and trusted environment, we may review, scan, and/or analyze your communications on, over, through, or within the Wandure Platform. This aids us in risk assessment, fraud detection/prevention, further improvements to the Wandure Platform, and improvements to our customer support. We may use automated methods for such review, scanning, and/or analysis. We may also manually analyze certain communications for specific purposes, including but not limited to fraud detection/prevention, customer support, and to further develop the automated methods.
4.2 Linking Third Party Accounts.
When you link your Wandure Account to third party social network services:
- The linkage of these third party service will provide information about you that we may store, process, and share, as described above, and for fraud detection/prevention and risk assessment.
- The amount of information shared between the Wandure Platform and the third party site(s) may be modified at your discretion via the settings and authorizations on the Wandure Platform and/or on the third party site(s).
4.3 Google Maps/Earth.
On the Wandure Platform, you may find links to third party sites or services, some of which may be controlled by Wandure partners or affiliates. When you interact with any third party sites or services, you may be providing information directly to those third parties, to Wandure, or to both. Wandure does not control or regulate these third parties in any way. We advise you to review the privacy policies of each third party with which you interact, as their policies may differ from Wandure’s.
6.1 Updating Accounts.
At any point in time, you may review, update, or delete any information attached to your Wandure Account. You can do this by clicking the “edit” button in your Wandure profile.
6.2 Incorrect Information.
At any point in time, you have the right to ask us to correct any incorrect personal information, if you are not able to correct such on your own.
6.3 Account Cancellation.
Note that, after you cancel your Wandure Account, some information previously shared with other Users may continue to be publicly visible. Such information may include messaging histories visible to Users with whom you communicated on, over, through, or within the messaging service. Such information may be associated with your first name.
As the Internet is not completely safe, we cannot guarantee the complete security or transmission of any of your information. But we are continuously working to establish and update administrative, technical, and physical measures to keep your information protected from unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration.
2850 Cedarwood Drive, Apt. 1510
Ottawa, ON, Canada